Customer Care – The Fitting ExperienceRelax and Let Us Take Care Of You
Leaving The Hospital
As the breast cancer patient leaves the hospital to complete the 4 to 6 weeks of recovery, it is understandable that she does so with physical discomfort and a great sense of loss. Pink Ribbon offers a warm, caring environment with a certified and experienced mastectomy fitter who understands the importance of restoring body image and self confidence.
Your First Appointment With Us
When scheduling your first appointment it is important that you plan an adequate amount of time so you can enjoy a relaxed fitting. Try to schedule at least an hour so we can call your insurance to see what you are eligible for and still have ample time for the actual fitting. We also need to discuss the type of surgery you have had, as well as your lifestyle and favorite activities so we can determine what breast form is best for you. You will be measured by our certified fitter who will then assist you in trying on breast forms and bras in your size to help you find the perfect fit and style. You cannot wear a silicone breast prosthesis until your surgical site has completely healed, but in the interim there are foam and lightweight gel forms which can be worn with no complications whatsoever.
What To Bring
It is a good idea to bring along a well-fitting garment so you can see how you will look in your favorite clothes. It is not necessary to schedule an additional doctor’s appointment in order to obtain a prescription, because we can request one from your physician and receive it via fax. If you already have one, however, bring it along. After the fitting is completed you will receive the mastectomy products of your choice on the same day.
Products On Hand
Occasionally there may a back-ordered or specialty item that we need to order, but this is not the norm – We have a very large inventory on hand so you do not have to pick up your products at a later date. We will then do both the primary and the secondary billings for you. We do not take any money up front. Medicare pays 80 percent and any supplemental plan usually covers the remaining 20 percent. If there is a remainder owed you will receive an invoice from us after the insurance company sends out an explanation of benefits and the appropriate deductions have been applied.
Pink Ribbon is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. but if these hours are not convenient for you, we offer fittings and sales visits at the boutique by appointment between the hours of 8 a.m. to and 8 p.m. every day. Simply call us today to schedule your appointment.